Positive Youth Development (PYD) is both a philosophy and an approach to adolescent development. Through PYD we engage youth along with their families, communities and/or governments so that youth are empowered to reach their full potential. PYD approaches build skills, assets and competencies; foster healthy relationships; strengthen the environment; and transform systems. Adolescence is a critical developmental phase of life, a time during which children acquire the social skills they need to thrive as adults.
A growing body of scientific knowledge shows that experience and environment also combine with genetics to shape
the brains of adolescents. This presents a second, crucially important window of opportunity to influence the development of children’s brains.
Through this center we provide the following services:
- Social Behavioral Change and Communication for Youth Development Programs
- Social Emotional Learning for Youth
- Approaches to Youth Engagement
- Designing Youth Development Programs
- Strategic Youth advocacy
- Nurturing Developmental Relationship
- Youth entrepreneurship
- Youth Development competency and skills development for Youth Workers